Introducing EVO ICL Lens
The Latest Advancement in Vision Correction Surgery
At Eye Specialists and Surgeons of Northern Virginia, we take pride in offering you a variety of advanced vision correction options so we can find the best vision solution for you. We are excited to announce that the EVO ICL Lens, which earned FDA approval in the United States in March 2022, is now available for our patients in Fairfax and Gainesville.
What is the EVO ICL Lens?
EVO ICL is an Implantable Collamer® Lens that is designed to give you sharp, clear vision.1,2 Like LASIK or PRK, EVO ICL is a refractive surgery that can correct nearsightedness (myopia) and astigmatism. What sets ICL apart is that it can correct a high range of myopia without removing any corneal tissue or contributing to dry eye syndrome.
The EVO ICL Lens is made of Collamer, a biocompatible material that is flexible and works in harmony with your eye. The lens is implanted in a 20 to 30 minute procedure and patients enjoy a quick recovery time.
Benefits of the EVO ICL Lens
- Can correct/reduce nearsightedness for a wide range of vision, including patients with prescriptions up to -20 diopters and astigmatism between 1.0 D to 4.0 D.
- Provides excellent night vision
- Suitable for patients with dry eye concerns
- Great for patients with thin corneas, who may not be candidates for other vision correction procedures
- Designed for permanent vision correction, but removable by a doctor, if needed
- Has UV protection
- Once in place, you will not be able to feel or see the lens
- 20 to 30 minute procedure with quick recovery
Is the EVO ICL the Right Vision Correction Option for You?
If you are seeking freedom from glasses or contact lenses, the EVO ICL may be right for you. Potential candidates are:
- Between the ages of 21 and 45
- Seeking treatment for nearsightedness (with or without astigmatism)
- Stable in their current prescription for at least one year
- Not currently pregnant or nursing
Interested in learning more about vision correction with the EVO ICL Lens? A consultation appointment is the best way to decide if it is right for you and to get answers to any questions you have about achieving your best possible vision without the hassles of glasses or contact lenses. Contact us