Our team at ESSNV was honored to volunteer with the Dream Center in mobilizing food to the community in DC. We are also so proud of Dr Josephson’s little ones, who handed out hundreds of items and stood on their feet to help out. If you are interested learning more about this organization please see dcdreamcenter.com.
I had no idea they knew so much about keeping people safe until I saw the video. I thought I’d share this very wise advise from the mouths of my little Dr Js at home. This is unedited and obviously not professionally done but does not take away from the important message and the adorable delivery. Thank you Dr Abby and Dr Ellie for the amazing video! Please enjoy and be safe and well.
Due to the current climate please note expanded visit types we are offering to our patients.
In-Office Visits with our Providers
We kindly request that our patients partner with us in the following ways to help support our goal of a safe office environment:
- Please do not come to our office if you are exhibiting any symptoms of illness, including but not limited to: A positive COVID test in the last 14 days, residing with a family member/roommate who has tested positive for COVID in the last 14 days, fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, diarrhea, muscle aches, loss of sense of smell or taste.
- Please wear a face mask prior to entering our office for your protection and the protection of others. COVID transmission is significantly reduced by the wearing of face masks. Patients without a face covering will not be allowed to enter the office.
- Please plan to come to your appointment alone unless you have notified us prior of the need to have an additional person with you during your visit.
- Please have all your new patient forms or any referrals completed prior to your
appointment to minimize your time in the waiting room. (Online Registration/Forms)
Please click the button below to view the letter from Dr Josephson regarding measures we have taken to ensure a safe visit at our office.
[maxbutton id=”1″ ]
Video/Phone Visits with Dr Josephson (Telemedicine)
The following issues may be appropriate for a video visit with Dr Josephson:
- Blurry vision or changes in vision
- Red eye
- Eye pain, burning, itching etc
- Lumps and Bumps on eye and eyelids
- Refill medications or discuss new drops if needed
- Discuss any eye care issues and more
Please reference the vision chart to report your current vision.
Please Note: Video visits do not replace a comprehensive eye exam and you may be instructed to be evaluated in the office after your virtual appointment.
Please Note: Copays and deductibles may be applicable as per your insurance guidelines. Please contact your insurance carrier if you have any questions regarding these types of visits.
If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call at 571-349-2191 and one of our patient services representatives will be happy to assist you.
I wanted to share the kind words and photo sent to me by Bobby’s sister today.
Personally, I was blessed with the opportunity to treat a joyfilled beautiful person named Bobby and want to thank him by sharing this story. The day after his surgery I was running between rooms in the typical flow we have in the office and I ran into Bobby in the hallway. He kindly said “I see better” took my hand and put my arm around him and asked me to walk with him to the room. Though it took 15 seconds, it took me out of the business and gave me a chance to just reflect on the joy and peace in Bobby. I was allowed to just smile and enjoy the gift of what we do every day… take care of wonderful people. Thank you Bobby and please continue to light up every room you enter.
Good Morning Dr. Josephson,
I want to sincerely thank you for taking such good care of my Down Syndrome brother Bobby! When he woke up and we took his eye patch off and he said” I see better”, it brought tears to my eyes as I never knew he couldn’t see due to cataracts in both eyes! He’s on the mend now! And seeing things in a new light!
We hope you have a wonderful holiday season!
You might be see me and my husband when it’s our turn for cataract surgery!!
Thank you and your wonderful staff again for helping Bobby “see better!”